Golf: Brian Gay shot a 4-under-par 66 to take a two-stroke lead over Bryce Molder and Robert Allenby in the suspended second round of the St. Jude Classic in Memphis, Tenn., leaving Phil Mickelson six strokes back at TPC Southwind.
- Recent columns
- Sun In-Depth: Michael Phelps
- Michael Phelps [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps' return to the pool [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps away from the pool [Pictures]
- Pictures: Michael Phelps' 22 Olympic medals
- Casting the Michael Phelps movie [Pictures]
See more photos »
- Auto Racing
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
See more topics »
Colleges: The NCAA must release copies of its response to Florida State's appeal of penalties stemming from academic violations, Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum said. In a letter addressed to NCAA president Myles Brand, the attorney general said failure to release the contents of the letter or provide access to them could result in a $1,000 fine, a year in jail, or both.
- From Sun news services