Chris Chase, who blogs for USA Today's "For The Win," has done just that.
- Michael Phelps away from the pool [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps submits to drug testing, signaling possible return to pool
- Sun In-Depth: Michael Phelps
- Michael Phelps [Pictures]
- Michael Phelps' return to the pool [Pictures]
- Pictures: Michael Phelps' 22 Olympic medals
See more photos »
- Michael Phelps
- Brett Favre
- USA Today
In a piece titled "Dear Michael Phelps, please don’t turn into Brett Favre," Chase writes that the most decorated Olympian "would be wise to declare his intent the instant he knows it. No one likes a Brett Favre."
Simply entering his name into the drug testing pool, as Phelps has done, doesn't guarantee he'll make a comeback. He told AP that "nothing is set in stone" and his coach Bob Bowman said that "Michael is just keeping his options open” in a text to The Baltimore Sun.
So, the "will he/won't he" debate will drag on.
What do you think?