WEST POINT – West Point High School announces the initiation of a West Point High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
1. Nominations will be accepted for any athlete, coach, administrator or contributor who through his/her commitment, sacrifice, and dedication to the West Point High School athletic program has brought pride and distinction to our school and community.
2. Athletes' eligibility for nomination would include those who have graduated for a period of at least 10 years.
3. Administrators and coaches' eligibility for nomination would include those who have left or retired from West Point Schools for a period of 10 years.
4. Contributors will be judged by the contributions made over a significant period of time.
The following criteria will be used for evaluation of nominees:
1. The nominee's degree of recognition as a West Point High School athlete, coach, administrator or active supporter with alumni and the general public.
2. The significance or stature of the nominee's accomplishments as a West Point athlete as determined by statistical records or the number and stature of the awards received – All State, All-Region, individual state championship, etc.
3. Distinctive or unique accomplishments which attracted public attention or acclaim to the nominee or West Point High School.
4. The athlete's success or prominence in life, including his/her professional career, stature in the community, and service to the school and the athletic program.
1. Nominations may be submitted by members of the Sports Hall of Fame Committee, members of the community and the general public.
2. Nominations will be accepted by completing a Hall of Fame nomination form.
3. Nominations must be received by February 14, 2014, to be considered for the current induction.
4. An induction candidate's file will become active when the candidate returns the completed information form. In the event the nominee is deceased, a relative may complete and return the form.
5. Once an individual has been nominated, his/her file will remain active for 5 years and he/she will continue to be considered for induction during that time.
The initial members of the Hall of Fame will be recognized at the end of year Athletic Awards Presentation on June 6, 2014 in the high school auditorium. In the fall, these same inductees will be introduced to the general public during the halftime of the Northampton football game on September 12, 2014. Anyone wishing to make a nomination may do so by contacting Mark Redden, AD at 804-843-3630 or via email at email@example.com in order to get a nomination form. This form may also be found on the West Point High School webpage.
Copyright © 2015, Tidewater Review