As the little ghosts and goblins gather up their gear once again to celebrate Halloween, here are a few things you should know.
The Town of West Point permits trick-or-treating from 5-8 p.m. on Thursday, October 31.
In the counties of King William, King and Queen, and New Kent, no official trick-or-treating time has been set.
However, most experts suggest that trick or treating begin around dusk and end before 9 p.m.
In addition, several other events have been set in the area to extend the holiday’s festivities:
• The Greater West Point Family YMCA is hosting a Fall Festival 6:30-8:30 p.m. and Trunk-or-Treat 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25.
• Lower King and Queen Fire-EMS will be hosting its annual Halloween party at 6 p.m. on Oct. 26.
• Antioch Baptist Church in Sandston is hosting a fall festival Oct. 26 from 5-9 p.m.
• Frog Level Fire Department is hosting a fall festival and parade Oct. 26, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The West Point Police Department will be offering goodies to trick or treaters on Oct. 31 from 5-8 p.m. at the police department on 12th street.
• Epworth United Methodist Church in King William will hold a Trunk-or-Treat on Oct. 31 beginning at 5:30 p.m.
• Poroporone Baptist in Shacklefords is hosting a Trunk-or-Treat on Oct. 31. Refreshments will be from 6:30-7 p.m. and Trunk-or-Treat from 7-8 p.m.
Submit your 2013 Halloween event to email@example.com, via Facebook, or mention us on Twitter @TidewaterReview.
Check back throughout the week as events become available