Test your knowledge of current events from the week of Aug. 18.
1. The partner of which journalist was detained at Heathrow Airport for carrying documents related to Edward Snowden?
A. Maureen Dowd
B. Glenn Greenwald
C. Rachel Maddow
D. Frank Rich
2. By what name does Bradley Manning wish to go by?
A. Brenda Manning
B. Chelsea Manning
C. Elizabeth Manning
D. Julia Manning
3. What did the Obama family name their new dog?
4. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie signed a bill banning what?
A. Assault rifles
B. Gay conversion therapy for minors
C. Medical marijuana
D. Synthetic marijuana
5. Sen. Ted Cruz said he will renounce his citizenship to which country?
6. Which deposed leader was released from jail into house arrest?
A. Zine El Abidine Ben Ali
B. Mohamed Morsi
C. Hosni Mubarak
D. Sheikh Abubakar Shekau
7. Which politician has agreed to resign as part of a settlement following a sexual harassment lawsuit?
A. Bob Filner
B. Mark Foley
C. Eric Massa
D. Anthony Weiner
8. Which financial market halted trading for three hours due to a technical glitch?
A. London Stock Exchange
D. Tokyo Stock Exchange
9. Which genre of fiction was author Elmore Leonard known for?
D. Science fiction
10. Which pitcher was suspended for five games after hitting Alex Rodriguez with a pitch?
A. Ryan Dempster
B. John Lackey
C. Jon Lester
D. Jason Verlander
Copyright © 2016, Tribune Media Services