The Transportation Security Administration has taken to Instagram to give the public a behind-the-scenes look at its menagerie of confiscated items including guns, grenades and a slew of other weapons you wouldn’t want to mess with.
Thanks to a rise in the number of travelers trying to bring weapons onto airplanes, there will be no shortage of photos to post. The TSA launched its new social media account on June 27, only a month after it set the record for most guns seized in one week – 45 loaded and 15 with bullets in the chamber for a grand total of 65 guns, according to The Associated Press.
Just in time for the Fourth of July, the TSA made its Instagram debut with a photo of enough fireworks to host its own show accompanied with a friendly reminder that “#Fireworks don’t fly.”
- Pictures: Weapons confiscated by the TSA
- Now available for FREE: Explore Florida travel magazine for iPad and iPhone
- Florida Travel Tips & Deals
- Florida Getaways of the Day
- Some of the best resort pools in Florida
- Photos: Greetings from Florida -- classic postcards
See more photos »
- Transportation Security Administration
Other highlights on the fledgling account include “the perfect #knife to bring to a #gunfight” and a stun gun disguised as a pack of Marlboro Reds.
For a feed full of frowned upon carry-ons, follow @TSABlogTeam on Instagram.