Look for additions small and large at Orlando's theme parks in 2014. Although the attractions, for the most part, haven't set exact dates yet, here are some that are worth watching.
•Wizarding World of Harry Potter — Diagon Alley, Universal Studios (summer). The boy-wizard story that started at Islands of Adventure in 2010 continues with London scenes, including a Gringotts bank ride, Leaky Cauldron restaurant, shops and an alleged fire-breathing dragon.
•Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster, Magic Kingdom (spring). The park's latest "mountain" features a wobbling, family-friendly, indoor-outdoor ride that will complete the ballyhooed Fantasyland expansion. Also debuting in spring at Magic Kingdom: the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.
- Pictures: Orlando's newest rides and attractions
- Orlando theme park and attractions discounts, prices and hours
- Pictures: Top 50 theme-park attractions
- 'Am I tall enough yet?' Orlando-area theme park ride height restrictions
- Pictures: Upcoming Florida theme-park concerts
- Pictures: Roller coasters at Central Florida attractions
See more photos »
- Orlando Hotels
- Orlando Restaurants
- Amusement and Theme Parks
See more topics »
•Ihu's Breakaway Falls, Aquatica (spring). Multi-slide water ride that tops out above 100 feet, said to be unique in Central Florida. (Ihu is the park's gecko character.)
•Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal Orlando (first phase opens March 31). The look of the 1,800-room hotel is based on beach resorts of the 1950s and '60s. It comes with big swimming pools and a bowling alley.
•CityWalk, Universal Orlando (by June). More restaurants — including Cowfish, which blends beef with sushi — are set to open.