Your feet may be tired from walking around in the theme parks all day, but funny thing about magic: no matter how much of it you enjoy, it leaves you wanting more. If you crave more magical experiences after a day at Central Florida's theme parks, you can opt for one of the many dinner shows in Orlando and its surroundings. They are fun, fantasy-filled, family-friendly – and arguably best of all: easy on your feet.
Here are some you may wish to try. Prices and menus are subject to change (check each dinner/show’s website).
· Arabian Nights, 6225 W. Highway 192, Kissimmee, 800-553-6116, www.arabian-nights.com. Visitors live a fairy tale during the production “The American Princess.” The festivities include dancing Arabian horses, costumed courtiers, and the general admission menu features such entrees as pot roast on puff pastry, pulled pork and chicken Alfredo with unlimited Pepsi Cola products. Dessert is vanilla cake with raspberry filling. There are chicken fingers for the children. Prices: $66.99 per guest (general admission, other packages are available).
· Capone's Dinner and Show, 4740 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, 800-220-8428, www.alcapones.com.This Gangland Chicago song-and-dance comedy revue includes an unlimited buffet feast prepared by Mama Capone (including Chicago-style deep dish pizza), unlimited beer, sangria, soda, fruit punch and other beverages in a blast-from-the-past '30s-era speakeasy. Prices: $29.99 adult, $19.99 child with coupon on Capone’s website.
- Pictures: Orlando dinner shows
- Foodie Awards: The best Orlando restaurants voted by readers
- Heather McPherson covers eating -- both in and out
- Pictures: Florida getaways of the day
- Some of the best resort pools in Florida
- Photos: Greetings from Florida -- classic postcards
See more photos »
- Travel Videos
- Orlando Hotels
- Amusement and Theme Parks
See more topics »
· Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, 4510 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, 800-229-8300, www.medievaltimes.com. Feast on tomato bisque, garlic bread, roast chicken, spare rib, herb-roasted potato, pastry of the castle, and non-alcoholic beverages, and watch daring knights on beautiful Andalusian horses competing in medieval tournament games and sword fighting. Prices: $59.95 adult, $35.95 child (3-11), plus tax (ticket packages are available).
· Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Fort Wilderness, Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, 407-939-3463, www.disneyworld.com. Hilarious hoedown style entertainment and all-you-can-eat country vittles including salad, fried chicken, ribs, beans, corn and strawberry shortcake, plus beer, sangria and soft drinks, make this a special evening at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort (free launches take you to the resort campground from the front of the Magic Kingdom). Prices: from $54.99 adult, and from $27.99 child (3-11), tax and gratuity included.
· Disney's Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau at Disney’s Polynesian Resort Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, 407-939-3463, www.disneyworld.com. Music and dances of the South Pacific including Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand and Hawaii are the highlight here. The show comes with a luau feast of rotisserie chicken, Island pork loin, Polynesian wild rice, South Seas vegetables, pineapple-coconut bread, and milk chocolate macadamia nut mousse, plus draft beer, wine, sodas, milk, coffee and tea. Children's menu includes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and hot dogs. Prices: $58.99 adult, $29.99 child (3-11), including tax and gratuity.
· Pirate's Dinner Adventure, 6400 Carrier Drive, Orlando, 407-248-0590 or 800-866-2469, www.piratesdinneradventure.com. Features a recreation of an 18th century Spanish galleon in an indoor lagoon, aerial stunts, sword-play, action-packed live performances, and a Port of Call feast of salad or soup, roast chicken or beef tenderloin with seasonal vegetable, and apple cobbler a la mode. Chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese are available for children. One round of beer or two rounds of sodas are provided. Prices: $63.95 adult, $39.45 child (3-11), plus tax. Menu upgrades are available.
· Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows, 8267 International Drive, Orlando, 800-393-1985, www.sleuths.com. You become a detective and try to solve the crime at this dinner show. Menu includes hors d'oeuvres, salad and rolls, Cornish game hen or lasagna, with or without meatballs, and mystery dessert, with beer, wine and sodas. Additional charge of $6 for prime rib. Prices: $56.95 plus tax for adults, $23.95 plus tax for children.