"It's been lovely to come here," said Warwick Davis on Thursday morning. "It's lifted everyone's spirits a bit."
- Pictures: Celebrities seen at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- A guided tour of Hogwarts at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Pictures: Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando
- Pictures: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade
- Pictures: Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening day
- Pictures: Wizarding World of Harry Potter grand opening celebration
- Universal Harry Potter Diagon Alley Videos
- Harry Potter (fictional character)
See more topics »
For now, they are immersed in the new attraction, which will have its grand opening Friday. The actors were particularly high on Hogwarts castle and the signature ride within, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
"I personally love the bit where there's a moment, I just think it's fantasically clever, where the dementors come and take your soul, and see your own face dragged out in front of you," Radcliffe says.
But Rupert Grint, who plays Ron in the films, has hesitations. "There is a quite large spider portion," he said. "I hate spiders."
More tidbits from the actors:
+ Michael Gambon braved the Dragon Challenge coaster. "I thought it was terrifying," he said. "As soon as I got on, I knew I had made a mistake."
+ Tom Felton, who plays Draco, is accustomed to being the baddie. "I had a lovely child wlak up to me yesterday and say 'I hate you,' " he said. "They all come with hugs and kisses for these two [Radcliffe and Grint], but none for me."
+ Later, four five actors were asked to describe their reaction to Wizarding World in three words or less. Their answers were
"Bloody Hell" (Matthew Lewis)
"Wow!" (James Phelps)
"Very, very impressive (Oliver Phelps)
"You kind of want to touch everything." (Bonnie Wright, who actually used way more than 3 words, but OK by us."
"This is magic," (Warwick Davis).
+ As for future plans, Radcliffe will appear on Broadway next year in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, so he has a mission for now . "The immediate plan is to keep up with my dancing and singing lessons."