It's too dang hot to venture outside, so let's play a word game in the comfort of our air-conditioned homes.
I'll give you a list of items and you'll figure out what theme-park category they fulfill. It's kind of like the old "$100,000 Pyramid" bonus round where the celebrity would reel off a list ("A pancake! The Midwest! An iron!") in an attempt to get the contestant to label the list ("Things that are flat!").
For example, if my clues are "Canada, United Kingdom, France, Morocco, Japan, America, Italy, Germany, China, Norway and Mexico," a correct answer would be "The nations of Epcot's World Showcase." And you'd give yourself bonus points for adding "listed counterclockwise."
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Orlando theme park and attractions discounts, prices and hours
- Pictures: Top 50 theme-park attractions
- 'Am I tall enough yet?' Orlando-area theme park ride height restrictions
- Pictures: Orlando's newest rides and attractions
- Pictures: Upcoming Florida theme-park concerts
- Pictures: Roller coasters at Central Florida attractions
See more photos »
- Tourism and Leisure
- Amusement and Theme Parks
- Recreational and Sporting Goods Industry
See more topics »
You might have additional correct answers, and that's OK. It's only a game.
I'm trying to arrange them in order of increasing difficulty. Your results may vary.
•1. Aladdin, Cruella, Hook, Jafar, Mulan, Peter Pan, Rapunzel, Scar, Simba, Ursula, Woody, Zurg
•2. Gentoo, king, adelie and rockhopper
•3. Monkeys, giraffes, elephants, camels, tigers, goats, pandas, koalas, frogs, penguins, hippos, kangaroos, hyenas, others
•4. Kiume, Nakawa, Kibibi, Zawadi
•5. Pete, Penny, Clyde, Seamore, Shamu
•6. Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Fozzie, eight fish, three rats, no Kermit
•7. Giant pineapple, palm trees, butterflies, skating sea life, pogo sticks, bereted bunnies, swinging monkeys, supersize lollipops, drums and minions
•9. "My Hero" (Foo Fighters), "Billy, Don't Be a Hero" (Paper Lace), "Holding Out for a Hero" (Bonnie Tyler), "We Don't Need Another Hero (Tina Turner), "Heroes" (David Bowie)
•10. Graceful, raging, sheepish, talented, stupendous, thrilling, exotic, astonishing, spellbinding, incredible, fearless, real, elastic, brawny, surprising, mysterious, amazing, heart-stopping
1. Sections of the parking lot at Disney World's Ticket and Transportation Center
2. Types of penguins at SeaWorld Orlando
3. Animals seen in "it's a small world," Magic Kingdom
4. Names of hosts in "Festival of the Lion King," Disney's Animal Kingdom
5. Stage names for SeaWorld animals (Pete and Penny are penguins, Clyde and Seamore are sea lions, Shamu is a whale.)
6. Figures in the fountain in front of MuppetVision 3-D, Disney's Hollywood Studios
7. Characters and props in Universal's Superstar Parade, Universal Studios
8. Stars with handprints in the sidewalk in front of the Great Movie Ride, Disney's Hollywood Studios
9. Soundtrack inside Captain America Diner, Marvel Super Hero Island, Islands of Adventure
10. Descriptive words painted on the signage of Storybook Circus, Magic Kingdom
email@example.com or 407-420-5477