What: Showcase for the genuine last orbiter in NASA's space-shuttle program
Why you'll be glad you waited: The attraction is designed to provide a big (trumpets, please) unveiling to all guests, and, honestly, the less congested it is, the more glorious the view.
While you're out there: Stick your head inside the newish Angry Birds Space Encounter, which brings the digital game to life with a scientific bent.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Pictures: Orlando's newest rides and attractions
- Orlando theme park and attractions discounts, prices and hours
- Pictures: Top 50 theme-park attractions
- 'Am I tall enough yet?' Orlando-area theme park ride height restrictions
- Pictures: Upcoming Florida theme-park concerts
- Pictures: Roller coasters at Central Florida attractions
See more photos »
- Gardens and Parks
- Tourism and Leisure
- Amusement and Theme Parks
See more topics »
Where: Magic Kingdom and Epcot
What: The coffee conglomerate has gently invaded Main Street USA and Future World.
Why you'll be glad you waited: I'd never promise a short line at Starbucks, so let's just call it a preview of things to come. There are also outlets planned for Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom and, eventually, Downtown Disney.
While you're out there: Try something you can't get everywhere else, such as a Dole Whip or the Mickey Premium ice-cream bar.
Others of note
Two new roller coasters — including Orlando's sole woody — are operating at Fun Spot America near International Drive. … The Quest for Chi is a family-oriented, water-cannon ride in Legoland Florida's new World of Chima area. … A Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas is an interactive scavenger hunt at Magic Kingdom that features blow darts, skulls, cannons and other swashbuckling details.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-420-5477