His sound continues to morph, he says.
"I've really learned a lot about myself over the past year as a songwriter and what style of music I want to make," says Sherman, 32. "For the past year, I would describe myself as a Southern, almost blues kind of singer. Now I'm kind of getting a little bit more in the realm of the pop world."
In the past year, he's also been on two tours. He worked with singer (and University of Central Florida alumna) Francesca Battistelli and The Afters, followed by a Christmas tour with Shane & Shane. He's also had performances from coast to coast.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Pictures: Upcoming Florida theme-park concerts
- Concerts schedules: Rock the Universe, Night of Joy lineups for Friday and Saturday
- Orlando theme park and attractions discounts, prices and hours
- Pictures: Top 50 theme-park attractions
- 'Am I tall enough yet?' Orlando-area theme park ride height restrictions
- Pictures: Orlando's newest rides and attractions
See more photos »
- Amusement and Theme Parks
- Radio Industry
See more topics »
"Between those things, we're always trying to think of the next record," Sherman says. He was recently recording songs in Nashville.
Touring isn't as glamorous as it seems on TV, he says. Long days and nights, sleeping on a bus and getting up early have drawbacks, he says.
"I think as long as you know that's part of it, it's all fun ... because of the people you get to be around, especially being in the Christian world like we are," he says. "I haven't ever met anyone who hasn't been who they said they were, who they presented themselves as. When you're on a bus traveling down the road with 10 or 12 other people, you find out who they really are quickly."
firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-420-5477
Night of Joy
Where: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World
When: Friday and Saturday, 7:30 p.m.-1 a.m.
Cost: One night for $65, two nights for $99
Rock the Universe
Where: Universal Studios
When: Friday and Saturday, 4 p.m.-1 a.m.
Cost: One night for $54.99, two nights for $79.99