- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Orlando theme park and attractions discounts, prices and hours
- Pictures: Top 50 theme-park attractions
- 'Am I tall enough yet?' Orlando-area theme park ride height restrictions
- Pictures: Orlando's newest rides and attractions
- Pictures: Upcoming Florida theme-park concerts
- Pictures: Roller coasters at Central Florida attractions
See more photos »
- Amusement and Theme Parks
See more topics »
Where: Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, off Interstate 4, southwest of Orlando
When to go: From 6 a.m. Feb. 29 to 6 a.m. March 1
What to know: Disney plays off the "extra" day we get in leap years by leaving the Magic Kingdom open for 24 consecutive hours for the first time.
More info: DisneyWorld.com or 407-824-4321
What else: Look for the first segment of the Fantasyland expansion to open to the public early this year.
Also on the way
Other attractions set for 2012 but without a firm opening date include:
•Turtle Trek, a 3-D movie experience, will open in "early" spring at SeaWorld Orlando, officials say, and its sister park Discovery Cove will introduce its Freshwater Oasis attraction later in spring.
•An additional-ticket water park is set for Legoland Florida by summer.
•Disney World has not announced an exact start date for its Sorcerers in the Magic Kingdom, an interactive game that involves guests finding and defeating villains.
•Construction continues on Fantasyland, and it will run into 2013. Eventually, we'll see Under the Sea — Journey of the Little Mermaid dark ride, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster and the Be Our Guest Restaurant.