But let's think sooner rather than later and explore events of our immediate future.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Orlando theme park and attractions discounts, prices and hours
- Pictures: Top 50 theme-park attractions
- 'Am I tall enough yet?' Orlando-area theme park ride height restrictions
- Pictures: Orlando's newest rides and attractions
- Pictures: Upcoming Florida theme-park concerts
- Pictures: Roller coasters at Central Florida attractions
See more photos »
- Amusement and Theme Parks
See more topics »
Where: Orlando Science Center, 777 E. Princeton St., Orlando
When to go: Jan 13-16
What to know: It's a high-tech expo that provides hands-on experience with new technologies, some of which were developed in Central Florida. Uses from Disney World rides to military are explored. And just for grins, folks can get on stage for Rock Band Experience.
What it costs: Included in regular admission — $17 general, $12 ages 3-11
More info: Otronion.org or 407-514-2000
What else: The science center will host "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination," beginning Oct. 13.
A Pirate's life
What: "Beyond Baseball: The Life of Roberto Clemente"
Where: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 E. Central Blvd., Orlando
When to go: Jan. 21-March 18
What to know: This bilingual exhibit uses rare photographs, statistics, career highlights and interviews to explore the life of Pittsburgh Pirates star and humanitarian Roberto Clemente, who died in a plane crash in 1972.
What it costs: Included in regular admission — $9 general, $6 ages 5-12
More info: TheHistoryCenter.org or 407-836-8500
What else: "Peanuts … Naturally," which explores cartoonist Charles Schulz's take on the environment, comes to the science center Sept. 28.