•The ship is manned by a "ragtag band led by the infamous Captain EO." That's Michael Jackson, backed by a bunch of furry creatures that have a bad — yet unspecified — combat record. The most comic of the comic relief is a character named Hooter, who keeps foiling things, which makes the captain giggle. Hooter also plays keyboard.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- PICTURES: 'Captain EO' at Epcot
- Old is new again: 'Captain EO' back at Epcot
- More Disney coverage
- Pictures: Star sightings: Which celebrities were spotted at Disney?
- Pictures: Celebrities who look like Disney characters
- Pictures: The voices of Disney
See more photos »
- Anjelica Huston
- Janet Jackson
See more topics »
•Jackson looks young — he turned 28 the year EO debuted — and, from certain angles, looks like he could be, oh, Janet Jackson's brother.
•Michael's wardrobe is mostly a white, leather space-captain number, but he accessorizes with a cape.
•The two songs ("We Are Here to Change the World" and "Another Part of Me") lead to dance numbers (moonwalk alert), and the captain obtains the power to turn enemy guards into (very '80s) dancers.
•The film was pricy to make — upwards of $30 million — but it had pedigree with director Francis Ford Copolla and executive producer George Lucas in the credits.