10. In what 2004 movie was Arthur Frommer depicted?
A. "To Rome, With Love"
C. "National Lampoon’s Vacation 3"
D. "Midnight in Vienna"
Bonus question: What was the name of the actor who portrayed him?
A. Patrick Malahide
B. Harold Darby
C . Jon Lovitz
D . Peter Boyle
1. C. Jefferson City, Mo.
2. C. He thought his life was over
3. D. An office boy at Newsweek
4. A. Yale
5. B. Germany
6. B. "Europe on $5 a Day"
7. A. Clerking for a law firm
8. C. In an interview with Times staff writer Susan Spano in 2009, he said, “I have always felt that the less you spend, the more you enjoy. The moment you put yourself in a first-class hotel you become walled-off from life, in a world devoted to creature comforts.”
9. B. Paris “Whenever I go back, I feel rejuvenated,” he told Spano.
10 B. "EuroTrip"
Bonus queston: A. Patrick Malahide
1-3: You need to read up on the guru and, better yet, attend his keynote.
4-5: You know a bit, but you’d benefit from attending his keynote address
6-7: Definitely a Frommer fan; come bask in the glory at his keynote
8-9: A Frommer master and you should be introducing him for his keynote
10-11: You might be a stalker
Source: Los Angeles Times and IMDB.com