According to Forbes, the Ravens are valued at $1.227 billion, with the Steelers at $1.118 billion at No. 27 — one spot behind the Toronto Maple Leafs. That’s a hockey team.
- Highlights of the Steve Bisciotti era
- Throwback Thursday: Steve Bisciotti
- An early look at the Ravens' 2014 opponents
- How Maryland fares in national rankings
- All of the Ravens' touchdowns in the 2014 season
- Texans 25, Ravens 13
See more photos »
- Baltimore Ravens
- Dallas Cowboys
See more topics »
The Patriots are an interesting case in that while they have a long history as a franchise, they weren’t even close to relevant until after the Ravens won their first Super Bowl in 2000.
The only team that surprised was the Houston Texans, who entered the league six years after the Ravens but ranked seven spots ahead of them at No. 12.
Either way, cherish the early win. It will tide you over until the Week 2 Thursday night showdown against Pittsburgh.