4. Slide the crepe onto a plate. Repeat to cook all the crepes. When cool, the crepes can be wrapped and kept in the refrigerator for several days.
Per crepe (for 16 crepes): 74 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 37 mg cholesterol, 11 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 44 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.
Savory crepes with chipotle chicken and goat cheese
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
1 can (15 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
½ to 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder or 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 cups shredded cooked chicken, such as rotisserie chicken
1 bunch green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
8 cooked 9-inch crepes, see recipe
4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream thinned with a little milk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
2. Mix tomatoes and chipotle powder in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in chicken. Cover; microwave until hot, 1-2 minutes. Stir in onions, cilantro and salt to taste.
3. To assemble, spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto one edge of a crepe. Top with some goat cheese crumbles. Roll up; place in the baking dish. Repeat to fill all the crepes. Drizzle the crepes with the thinned cream. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with more cilantro and a little chipotle powder.
Per serving: 440 calories, 18 g fat, 11 g saturated fat, 168 mg cholesterol, 30 g carbohydrates, 36 g protein, 539 mg sodium, 3 g fiber.