More than a fish story
30 cherry or grape tomatoes
6 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
18 whole sage leaves
Freshly ground pepper
1 pound linguine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Marinate: Whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, chopped sage, thyme and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over fish cubes. Cover and chill, 1 hour.
2. Skewer: Thread fish cubes, tomatoes, green onions and whole sage leaves onto six metal or soaked bamboo skewers (set aside marinade). Season with pepper and a little more salt.
3. Grill: Heat a ridged griddle over medium-high heat. Grill until fish is nicely browned on all sides, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, boil linguine tender. Drain.
4. Sauce: Heat remaining marinade to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Add butter. When melted, add cooked noodles. Toss. (If you like crispy noodles, you can scrape the sauced noodles into a wide skillet and set over medium heat, shaking now and then until browned on the bottom, 5 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges and serve crispy side up.)
5. Serve: Divide soft or crisp noodles onto six plates, add 1 kebab to each. Enjoy.