Madonna is 2013's top-earning celebrity, according to Forbes.
The "MDNA" rock star is said to have earned an estimated $125 million between June 2012 and June 2013, the mag said. Sales for her last album, "MDNA," were poor, but "MDNA's" corresponding tour, which happened to coincide with her powerhouse halftime-show performance at the 2012 Super Bowl, bolstered her earnings big time.
The tour grossed $305 million, according to the mag, thanks to fans who shelled out "upwards of $100 a ticket" to hear the Material Girl's classic hits like "Vogue" and "Like a Virgin." The tour also earned her the top touring award at 2012's Billboard Music Awards.
The 55-year-old mother of four, whose full name is Madonna Louise Ciccone, also sells tons of merch, and has a clothing line, fragrances and investments, which helped her forge her way to the top of the list. In 2009, the mag estimated she earned $110 million, which is the closest she ever came to this year's high. She replaces 2012's top earner, Oprah Winfrey in the No. 1 spot. The TV queen dropped from first first to ninth place.
Here are this year's top 10 highest-earning celebrities. For more on how they made their money and the complete list, click here.
1. Singer Madonna, $125 million
2. Director-producer Steven Spielberg, $100 million
3. "Fifty Shades of Grey" author E.L. James, "X Factor's" Simon Cowell and radio and TV host Howard Stern tied for third place, each earning $95 million. (Cowell and Stern also topped this year's list for highest paid TV personalities.)
4. Author James Patterson, $91 million
5. The Blaze founder and media personality Glenn Beck, $90 million
6. "Transformers" director-producer Michael Bay, $82 million
9. Oprah Winfrey, $77 million (Fun fact: In June, the TV queen topped Forbes' list of the 100 most powerful celebs for the fifth time in a row. That list measures a mix of earning and fame.)
Follow Ministry of Gossip @LATcelebs.