Tonight is All Hallows Eve, which will include family fun first and parties later on. If you did not have time to prepare, you don't have to forgo the costume. The rag-tag research team at the Daily Top 10 have found these quick and inexpensive last-minute costumes. Warning: some of these ideas may contain bad puns.
1. Mummy -- This one is so inexpensive. All you need is a few rolls of toilet paper. Of course if it rains, the costume can become quite a mess. You might want to bring extra toilet paper.
3. Cliches -- For example, a tourist. Most of us already have clothes for some of these. Also, curlers, a facial mask and robe could make a frazzled housewife. Tousled hair and a cell phone could be a stock market investor.
4. Babe magnet -- An easy costume. Simply glue a number of Barbie dolls to your shirt. However, Barbie dolls are not cheap. Try thrift stores or the knock-offs sold at dollar stores.
5. Aircraft carrier -- So simple, it's deceiving. You need a model airplane. Carry it around.
6. Bag lady -- Does this one even need a description?
7. Mime -- Wear solid colors, specifically black pants with a white shirt. Suspenders and white face paint would help but are not necessary.
8. Cereal killer -- Yes, still more puns to come. This display can be carried or attached to a shirt. The costume involves nothing more than a slashed-open cereal box, some fake blood (ketchup works) and a knife. If you plan to drink, we recommend using a toy knife.
9. Socrates -- Or any classical Greek figure ... or Roman figure ... or Greco-Roman god or goddess ... or statue. All you need is a sheet and maybe some olive leaves. Toga!
10. Ceiling fan - Just paint "Go Ceilings!" on a shirt. OK, no more puns.
Daily Top 10